Applegate has been a go to in my kitchen for years with their natural and organic meats, so you know that I was super excited to learn about their new sliced and shredded cheese line! They are expanding their core values and the high quality standards upheld by their meats to cheese sourcing and production with a transparent, traceable milk pool.
Applegate Naturals® Sliced and Shredded Cheese comes from the milk of pasture-raised cows living in small herds on independent, family-owned farms. These cows are humanely raised and never administered antibiotics or growth hormones.
This cheese is the brand’s first ever to be Non-GMO Project Verified, and it has no added colors, preservatives, or artificial ingredients. There are six new sliced varieties – Medium Cheddar, Provolone, American-Style Colby, Muenster, Pepper Jack, and Mozzarella. Sliced Swiss will be released in 2019. There are also three shredded cheese offerings – an Italian blend, Medium Cheddar, and a Mexican Blend. You’ll be able to find the new cheese lines at selected retailers including Whole Foods Market, Publix, and Sprouts. You can also find more information by visiting www.applegate.com.
To celebrate the launch, I decided to make a fun and delicious recipe using their new sliced mozzarella (and turkey pepperoni). Pizza is always an easy and delicious go to, and breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day. So I figured why not combine them? I whipped up the perfect, easy pizza frittata for two! It packs in the protein and makes it easy to enjoy guilt-free pizza for breakfast!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
-1 slice Applegate Sliced Mozzarella
-6 pieces Applegate Turkey Pepperoni
-1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
-1 cup fresh arugula
-2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
-3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
-1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
-1 tbsp EVOO
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small oven-friendly skillet, heat up the EVOO over medium high heat.
2. Add in the chopped garlic and arugula, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the garlic starts to turn golden and the arugula cooks down.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and pour the mixture over the arugula and garlic.
4. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes on the stovetop until the sides are cooked (but the center is still raw).
5. Place the pan in the oven on broil, and cook for about three minutes. The eggs should be cooked on the top but still a light yellow.
6. Remove the pan, top the eggs with the diced tomatoes, sliced cheese (feel free to add in an extra slice if you’d like!), and pepperoni.
7. Place the pan back in the oven for another 3 minutes or so until the cheese melts and the eggs begin to turn golden brown.
8. Remove the pan, and top with fresh basil. Slice the frittata in half, serve, and enjoy!
Feel free to share the other half with someone special (delicious cheese fans recommended)! Let me know what you think in the comments below, and make sure to check out www.applegate.com for more info on their delicious cheese and meats!