We’re coming up on the new year which means fresh starts and new year’s resolutions. One of the resolutions at the forefront for a lot of us is being more health conscious. And again at the forefront of ignored resolutions is that very same one getting pushed to the wayside. We go through all the excuses - it’s hard, it’s expensive, it’s time consuming. But really, it doesn’t have to be!
That’s why I’ve teamed up with Green Valley foods to show you how easy AND affordable eating organic can be. I whipped up these delicious vegetarian stuffed peppers that are also gluten free and super quick and easy to make. The whole family will love them, and they’re so simple that the kids can even get in on the fun of helping to make them.
So why Green Valley? They’re the obvious choice because all of their products are USDA organic, non-GMO, BPA-free, gluten free, and made in the USA. You can pick up the corn and black beans for this recipe at your local grocery store and not have to worry about any of it going bad because they’re both shelf stable. They’re also very affordable making it easy and reasonable to eat organic. You can even order them on Amazon. It really doesn’t get much more convenient than that!
So let’s get to it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
-4 bell peppers, halved and de-seeded
-1/2 red onion, chopped
-15.5 oz bag Green Valley Black Beans -15.25 oz can Green Valley Corn
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
-2 tbsp taco seasoning
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus more -1 green onion, chopped
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. On a parchment lined baking sheet, bake the halvedpeppers for 15 minutes.
2) In the meantime, strain the black beans and corn.
3) Mix together the beans, corn, diced tomatoes, red onion, taco seasoning, and cheesetogether in a large bowl.
4) Remove the peppers from the oven, and fill each pepper with the mixture.
5) Top each pepper with a sprinkle of cheese, and return them to the oven for 15 minutes.
6) Remove the peppers, and top each with green onion.
7) Serve, and enjoy!
Let me know what you think in the comments below, and make sure to head over to http://www.welcometogreenvalley.com to learn more about all of Green Valley’s organic products.