So I've been on a coconut kick lately. I was fortunate enough to win a giveaway that landed me some shredded coconut from Woodstock Foods. Plus, I've discovered probably one of the more amazing nut butter developments, coconut nut butter. Holy yum! I will be doing some reviews on a couple very soon, but I'll give you a preview, they are AMAZING!
So I figured why not combine all of this coconut yumminess into pancake form? I also make my pancakes with coconut flour, so this is perfect. And I must say, they're pretty darn good.
Here's What You'll Need:
-2 egg whites
-1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp honey
-1 tbsp Manna Organics cashew coconut butter
-1 tbsp Woodstock Foods shredded coconut
-1/2 cup coconut flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-Pinch of sea salt
-Coconut butter for cooking
1) Whip up the egg and egg whites together in a bowl for a minute or two.
2) Add in the remaining ingredients (minus the coconut butter to cook) and stir until mostly smooth.
3) Heat up the coconut oil in a pan over medium high heat.
4) Add your pancakes to the pan (about 3-4 inches in diameter) and cook until they begin to bubble on the top (about 2-3 minutes).
5) Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
6) Remove the pancakes from the heat, serve, and top with your favorite toppings (i.e. more coconut nut butter).
If you don't have coconut nut butter, you can switch it out for some additional honey or other sweetener in the recipe. Enjoy, and let me know what you think in the comments below!