We are coming up on one of my favorite weeks food-wise, Thanksgiving, and nothing screams Thanksgiving to me like pumpkin pie. So obviously I had to make some pumpkin pie oats. Really I'll use any reason to make something pumpkin-related, and this seemed like the perfect excuse!
Here's What You'll Need:
-1 cup rolled oats
-2 1/4 cups almond milk
-1 cup organic pumpkin puree
-1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
-1 tbsp and 1 tsp maple syrup, separated
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-Pinch of sea salt
-1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
-1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
-2 tbsp low fat Greek yogurt kefir
-1 tbsp unsweetened almond butter
1) Mix together the oats and almond milk and heat on high until boiling.
2) Add in the pumpkin, turn down to low heat, and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly.
3) Stir in 1 tbsp maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt, and continue to cook for about 5-7 minutes until the oats are completely cooked.
4) Mix together the Greek yogurt, almond butter, and 1 tsp maple syrup in a small bowl.
5) Split the oats between two bowls and top each with the walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and Greek yogurt almond butter mixture.
I hope you like this Thanksgiving-inspired breakfast as much as I did. Let me know what you think in the comments below!