I was recently introduced to Pipcorn, delicious, mini popcorn that is all natural, gluten free, and non-gmo just to name a few. It's so delicious (like please hide it from me or I will eat it ALL delicious) and not to mention cute! So I decided to play around with it.
Instantly I thought to go the savory route because that's just how I'm wired, but then I thought maybe I should challenge myself a little. I pretty much never share dessert recipes on here (something I need to change), so I figured why not! The Sea Salt Pipcorn would pair perfectly with some sweet goodies, so why not make it all into a bar. This bar is packed with flavor and the perfect snack or dessert. Bring it to your next party, and it'll definitely be a crowd pleaser!
Here's What You'll Need:
1) Chop up 5 of the chocolate squares.
2) In a bowl, mix together the Pipcorn, cherries, pecans, and chopped chocolate pieces.
3) Add in the honey and mix completely so that it is evenly dispersed.
4) Line a rectangular baking sheet or dish with wax or parchment paper (using a smaller dish/pan 7-8" by 10-12" is the way to go because you want to the mixture to entirely cover the bottom).
5) Pour the the mixture into the dish, and evenly ditribute it with a spatula.
6) Pop the dish into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
7) Melt the remaining dark chocolate pieces on the stove top or in the microwave. Be very careful not to burn it.
8) Remove the dish from the freezer, and drizzle the melted chocolate all over the top.
9) Place back in the freezer for at least another 30 minutes.
10) Remove from the freezer, cut the mix into bars, and serve.
This combination of flavors is just perfect, and it really gives a different, healthier dessert option. They're also a great snack! if you let the bars warm at room temperature for a bit, they also turn into a delicious trail mix-like snack. Let me know what you think in the comments below!