I know, I know I am SUPER late on putting up this recipe. Truth be told, I planned to have this up over the weekend but was hit with some weird illness Friday night that I still haven't completely kicked.
But it's here! Better late than never right? And it really will not disappoint. It's literally like a PB&J in waffle form except the jelly part is actually delicious, fresh berries. Does it get much better than that?
Here's What You'll Need:
-3/4 cup quinoa flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-2-3 tbsp creamy peanut butter (I use Crazy Richard's)
-1 egg or Neat Egg (vegan egg replacement)
-1/2 cup unsweetend almond milk
-1/4 cup water
-1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
-Pinch of sea salt
-1/2 cup fresh mixed berries of choice (I used blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
1) Heat up your waffle maker.
2) In the meantime, mix together the quinoa flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3) Mix together the egg or Neat Egg, almond milk, water, coconut oil, and peanut butter in a separate bowl.
4) Combine the wet and dry mixes until thoroughly mixed.
5) Add in about 2/3 of the berries to the mixture.
6) Pour half of the mix into the waffle maker and cook according to waffle maker instructions. Repeat with the second half of the mix.
7) Top each waffle with half of the remaining berries and any additional desired toppings.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!