Chocolate almond butter banana protein cookies - what a freakin mouthful, am I right? But each ingredient is so important and adds such an extra punch of flavor to this recipe that I couldn't leave one out. So chocolate almond butter banana protein cookies it is!
They're vegan. They're gluten free. They take only 8 (YES 8) minutes to bake. They're delicious. AND you can even eat the batter because did I mention they're vegan and delicious? Plus you get some great protein thanks to Naked Nutrition's Chocolate Less Naked Pea Protein Powder and almond butter. So let's not waste anymore time and get this thing started!
Here's What You'll Need:
-2 scoops Naked Nutrition's Chocolate Less Naked Pea Protein Powder
-1 tbsp cacao powder (I use this one)
-2 tbsp coconut flour
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
-2 tbsp unsweetened almond butter (I use this one)
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-2 tbsp sweet almond coconut butter (optional; I use this one)
Makes about 8 cookies
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mash the banana in a bowl until relatively smooth.
3) Add in all of the other ingredients minus the almond coconut butter and mix thoroughly until it forms a dough-like consistency.
4) Form the dough into balls about an inch in diameter and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5) Flatten the balls slightly using your hand or the back of a spoon to form a cookie shape.
6) Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, and then remove to cool.
7) (Optional) Warm up the almond coconut butter until it becomes semi-liquid and drizzle-able. Drizzle some on top of each cookie.
8) Allow the cookies to cool (and the almond coconut butter to harden).
9) Serve, and enjoy!
If you just can't wait, I do have to say that they're also great warm! Either way, they're a great pre or post-workout treat or just a great protein-packed snack or dessert. Also make sure to check out Naked Nutrition's other vegan protein products, and let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments below!