I recently had the pleasure of trying the new LARA branded nut butters, and let me tell you they are no joke! These delicious nut butters can be found exclusively at Costco in the Northeast and Bay Area, and they definitely live up to the LARA name. This banana nut cashew & almond butter is just so good that I obviously needed to make it the center point of a waffle recipe. It really turns the ordinary waffle into the perfect, better for you treat!
Here's What You'll Need:
-1.5 cups quinoa flour (or the flour of your choosing)
-1 cup unsweetened almond milk
-1/4 cup water
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp coconut oil, melted
-4 tbsp LARA banana nut cashew & almond butter
-Pinch of sea salt
Makes 2 waffles
1) Preheat your waffle makers and spray or coat it with the cooking oil of your choosing (I use melted coconut oil).
2) In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until smooth.
3) Pour half of the mix into the waffle maker, and cook according to waffle maker instructions.
4) Remove the waffle, and repeat with the second half of the mixture.
5) Remove the second waffle, add the toppings of your choosing, and enjoy!
I topped mine with a little extra nut butter, and fresh bananas would also make a great addition! Let me know how you had your waffle and what you think in the comments below!