It's officially fall, and therefore, officially pumpkin season in my opinion. So get ready for all of the pumpkin recipes!
I love pumpkin flavored everything pretty much. From coffee to pies to baked goods, it really never fails. So I thought I'd start it off with a very classic All Roads Lead to Healthy pumpkin-style recipe, pumpkin waffles. I decided to kick it up a notch and make it pumpkin pecan, and you guys, it's SO freakin' fall and so freakin' delicious!
Here's What You'll Need:
-1/2 cup quinoa flour
-1 scoop Vanilla Ka'Chava (you can use the code allroadshealthy10 for a $10 store credit)
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
-1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin
-2 tbsp Purely Pecans pecan butter
-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
-1/4 cup water
1) Preheat your waffle maker.
2) Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
3) Pour one half of the mix into the waffle maker and cook according to waffle maker instructions.
4) Remove, and repeat with the second half of the batter.
5) Remove, serve, and top each waffle with your favorite toppings.
I topped mine with some extra pecan butter, a little maple syrup, and some pumpkin seeds which I'd highly recommend. Let me know what you think in the comments below!