One of my favorite easy and guilt free go to meals recently has been cauliflower fried rice. It's super easy to make and great for you without sacrificing flavor. So I figured, why not try another Chinese food classic, lo mein?
I was recently introduced to Quorn's meatless soy free and gluten free products, and I've been trying to make a lot more of my meals vegetarian (if not vegan) throughout the day. So this seemed like the perfect time to utilize their Chik'n Cutlets (which are also available vegan).
The ingredients are straight forward, simple, and take about 10 minutes to throw together, so there's really no excuse to not get in this veggie packed meal. Plus you can eat the entire giant serving which is always a plus in my book!
Here's What You'll Need:
-1 zucchini, spiralized
-1/2 tbsp EVOO OR sesame oil
-1-2 cloves garlic (I go with 2, but feel free to reduce if you prefer)
-1 cup frozen carrots and peas
-1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
-1 Quorn Chik'n cutlet, cooked according to instructions and sliced
-2 tbsp Bragg Live Foods liquid aminos (or Tamari)
-1 tbsp Fix Hot Sauce sriracha
-1/4"-1/2" ginger, grated (I used 1/2", but again feel free to reduce based on preference)
1) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2) Once hot (but not smoking), add in the garlic, and cook for about a minute.
3) Add in the frozen peas and carrots and cook for about a minute.
4) Add in the shiitake mushrooms and cook the vegetable mixture for about 2 minutes mixing regularly.
5) Add in the zoodles, and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes until they soften.
6) Add in the Chik'n Cutlet slices, and mix in the liquid aminos, sriracha, and ginger, cooking for an additional minute or so.
7) Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!
I topped mine with some green onions for some freshness, but feel free to skip if you prefer. The taste is slightly different than standard lo mein because I skipped on the sugar aspect, but it tastes pretty darn close and pretty darn delicious if you ask me! I'd love to hear what you think in the comments below!