It's September which means it's that time of year again - back to school. Schedules are falling into place, lunches are being packed, and that back to school traffic is back in gear. So how can we beat the back to school blues? It's simple really, with this delicious Pipcorn snack mix.
Whether you're packing lunch for your kids or yourself or even just looking for a quick and easy throw together snack for an upcoming Labor Day weekend party, this mix is perfect. It has that sweet and salty combo which will have you eating by the handful. I'd honestly even eat it for dessert.
It takes just minutes to mix together. Then all you have to do is pop it in the freezer for about an hour, and you're ready to go. It doesn't get much easier. You can even make it in a dorm room (I see you college students). So let's get started!
Here's what you'll need:
1) Two cups sea salt Pipcorn
2) 1/2 cup raw pistachio kernels, lightly chopped
3) 1/4 cup dark chocolate bing cherries, chopped (dark chocolate coated raisins work just as well)
4) 2 tbsp original Essentially Coconut coconut butter, melted
1) In a large bowl, combine the Pipcorn, pistachios, and dark chocolate cherries.
2) Evenly pour about half of the melted coconut butter over the top. Mix the ingredients using a spatula. Pour the rest of the coconut butter in, and mix again.
3) Cover the bowl with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place in the freezer for about an hour until the coconut oil has solidified.
4) Using a spatula, scrape the mix off the sides of the bowl and de-clump any huge clumps of the mix.
5) Place in a serving bowl, and enjoy!
If you aren't going to eat the mix immediately, you can store it in the fridge. If you're taking it on the go, it doesn't need to be refrigerated, as the coconut butter will stay solid as long as it isn't too hot out. If you're serving it at a party, I might suggest at least doubling the recipe because it will be gone pretty quickly, trust me!
Let me know how you use this snack mix and what you think in the comments below!