Is there anything better than a nice stack of pancakes to start the morning off? Yes, actually there is - chocolate banana superfood pancakes because we all know that there is no better way to start the day than with some chocolate (especially when it involves bananas and peanut butter).
Let me tell you guys a little about Ka'Chava. They make a whole body meal powder that is packed with 70 superfoods and nutrients. It's also vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and I could really go on and on. You should really go check out their website to learn all about this delicious powder that's perfect in smoothies, waffles, and in this case pancakes. You can also use the code allroadshealthy10 for a $10 store credit while you're there!
So back to the recipe. Chocolate is great, but superfood packed pancakes? That's an entire other level. Plus they're just plain delicious. Top them with caramelized bananas and PB like I did or whatever you're craving. There's really no bad way to eat a stack!
Here's What You'll Need:
-1 cup quinoa flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 scoop chocolate Ka'Chava
-1/2 cup water
-1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
Serves 2-4 (makes about 12 small pancakes)
1) In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, Ka'Chava powder).
2) In a smaller bowl, mash the banana, and mix it with the egg.
3) Add the egg and banana mixture to the dry ingredients along with the water and almond milk. Mix until smooth.
4) Heat a pan over medium high heat. Coat with cooking oil of choice (coconut oil or ghee is recommended).
5) Ladle out 3 small circular pancakes into the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes (give or take) per side until the edges turn a lighter color and form small bubble like other pancakes.
6) Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 3 or so minutes. Continue until all of the batter is used.
7) Serve the pancakes, and top them with your favorite topping.
These babies are good on their own, but toppings are never a bad idea! Let me know what toppings you used on yours and what you think in the comments below!