I've always been a big fan of tots. They are without a doubt my favorite guilty pleasure. So I figured why not try to skip the guilt and make a bit of a healthier version. I swapped the potato for a sweet potato and tried to keep the ingredients as minimal as possible. I also decided to go gluten free with these because I thought coconut flour would be a nice compliment to the sweet potato's natural taste.
Here's What You'll Need:
-1 large sweet potato
-2 tbsp coconut flour
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-Sea salt and pepper to taste
-Coconut oil spray or melted coconut oil
1) Boil a pot of water on the stove top, and once boiling, add in the sweet potato and cook for 20 minutes.
2) Remove the potato from the water, and let it cool until you are able to handle it.
3) Peel the sweet potato, and then shred it into a bowl.
4) Mix the coconut flour into the shredded sweet potato, and start forming the mixture into tots. Place them evenly on a baking sheet coated with coconut oil.
5) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and once preheated, place the tots into the oven. Cook for 30 minutes.
6) Serve and enjoy!
I had mine with dinner one night
and then leftovers the next morning for breakfast.
Not only are they easy but they're also very versatile. Let me know what you think and how you used yours!