I was literally in the middle of a spin class when I started craving some comfort food. I mean like southern BBQ, potatoes, you name it. So (still in spin class) I started coming up with ideas in my head.
Spiralized sweet potato is always one of my favorites, but spiralized potato is creeping up there. It really goes well with everything. I know it isn't necessarily as healthy, but toss in some other veggies, a light protein, and you have yourself a meal!
Here's What You'll Need:
-1 tbsp ghee
-1 potato, peeled and spiralized
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-6 oz cooked shrimp
-1/4 cup BBQ sauce
-4 collard green leaves, chopped
-1/4 cup (heirloom) tomato, chopped
-salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat up the ghee in a large skillet at medium high heat, and add in the garlic. Cook for about a minute.
2) Add in the spiralized potato and cook for about 3-5 minutes alone.
3) Add in the chili powder, mixing it around to cover the potato noodles.
4) Add in the collard greens, and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes.
5) In the meantime, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Toss the shrimp in the BBQ sauce, and throw them in the oven for about 3-5 minutes. The shrimp is already cooked, so you just want the BBQ sauce to coat the shrimp and to warm them up.
6) Add the heirloom tomato, salt, and pepper to the potato noodles. Cook for another minute or two, and remove the pan from heat.
7) Split the potato noodles between two bowls, top each with half of the shrimp, and add additional BBQ sauce as desired.
Let me know if you give it a try and what you think in the comments below! It really was the perfect way to satisfy that comfort food craving.