It has been unbearably cold the past day or two here in New Jersey, and my room felt like it was -15 degrees when I woke up this morning. So oats were pretty much a necessity. They're the perfect, cozy breakfast and not sure if it's just me, but when it's cold, I want sweets.
So I was going through flavors in my head and decided to go with cinnamon raisin, a winning combo, and for some reason it just reminds me of winter. But then I decided to add a cream cheese spread on top. I fed my sister a bowl, and her response was "this tastes like Cinnabon!" So basically she decided that these were raisin cinnamon roll oats. Great story, I know. But really, they taste pretty darn good.
Here's what you'll need:
-1 cup rolled oats
-2 cups and 1 tsp unsweetened almond milk, separated
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-2 tbsp and 1 tsp maple syrup
-2 tbsp raisins
-1 tbsp chia seeds
-Pinch of sea salt
-1 tbsp Kite Hill almond milk cream cheese style spread
-1 tsp slivered almonds
-Additional raisins and cinnamon as desired
1) Mix the rolled oats and almond milk together in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2) Once boiling, reduce heat to low and begin stirring regularly.
3) Add in the tbsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp maple syrup, sea salt, and 2 tbsp raisins. Keep stirring until oats thicken.
4) Mix in the chia seeds and cook until oats reach desired consistency.
5) In a bowl, mix together the Kite Hill spread, 1 tsp almond milk, and 1 tsp maple syrup until smooth.
6) Split the oats between two bowls. Top each bowl with half of the Kite Hill mixture, slivered almonds, and additional raisins and cinnamon as desired.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!