Is it just me, or are Tuesdays the worst? Mondays are pretty bad, but at least you're fresh off the weekend. On Tuesday's the weekday blues are in full effect, and you're still pretty freakin' far from the weekend.
This morning I decided that I would not give into Tuesday. In fact, I was going to eat chocolate for breakfast! And then slather it in peanut butter! And obviously add bananas for good measure. So I did just that.
Here's what you'll need:
-1 cup rolled oats
-2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
-1 tbsp and 2 tsp natural creamy peanut butter, separated (I use Crazy Richard's Peanut Butter)
-2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
-1.5 bananas, sliced and separated
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-Dash of sea salt
-2 small pieces of dark chocolate (at least 70% - I used Endangered Species Chocolate's dark chocolate with cocoa nibs which is 72%)
1) Mix together the oats and almond milk on the stove top over high heat. Cook until boiling.
2) Once boiling, reduce to low heat, and begin stirring regularly for about 3-5 minutes.
3) Add in the cocoa powder, 1 tbsp peanut butter, sea salt, 1 sliced banana, and maple syrup. Continue to stir regularly as the oats thicken.
4) Continue to heat and stir until the oats reach your desired consistency (about 5-10 minutes depending on your stove).
5) Remove from heat, and split the oats between two bowls.
6) Stick one small piece of dark chocolate into the middle of each bowl immediately.
7) Split the remaining banana slices to top the two bowls.
8) Drizzle 1 tsp of peanut butter on top of each bowl.
By sticking the chocolate in when the oats are right off the stove top, it should melt that little piece of chocolate. It is AMAZING! In general, this combo is pretty heavenly, but that little tiny square gives it just that extra something. Let me know what you think in the comments below!