I told you I was on a fall/apple kick, so here we are with another apple recipe. I find that I'm really craving cinnamon apples now when I get up in the morning, and there's a little chill in the air. Nothing seems more comforting then spiced apple pancakes. They'll warm you from the inside out.
Here's what you'll need:
-1 apple, chopped
-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, split 1 tsp and 1/2 tsp
-1 tsp brown sugar
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-1 tsp sunflower seeds
-5.3 oz of plain nonfat Greek yogurt
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup coconut flour
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-Cooking spray (Coconut oil)
-2 tbsp of maple syrup (or honey)
-pinch of sea salt
1) Mix the chopped apple with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp brown sugar.
2) In a bowl, mix together the egg and Greek yogurt.
3) Add in the coconut flour, baking soda, 1/2 of the apple mixture, the nutmeg, the remaining cinnamon (1/2 tsp), and sea salt.
4) Heat up a large pan and coat with cooking spray.
5) Scoop out 1/4 cup of pancake mix and form into pancakes in the pan. Heat for about 3-4 mins/per side, covering the pan with a lid while cooking.
6) In a separate pan, heat up the remaining apple tossed in cinnamon sugar for a few minutes until the apple softens.
7) Serve the pancakes, top with the cooked cinnamon sugar apple and sunflower seeds, and drizzle on maple syrup.
I hope these pancakes give you the taste of fall you're looking for! Let me know what you think in the comments below, and feel free to sign up for e-mail updates!