Sometimes coming off the weekend (especially if I made few less than healthy food choices) I really just crave vegetables. I don't think kicking off the day (or week) with veggies is ever a bad idea, so I decided to create this mixed veggie breakfast bowl. If you top anything with an egg, it's breakfast right? Maybe not, but I was very happy with this tasty bowl for my Monday morning breakfast.
Here's what you'll need:
-1 tsp coconut oil
-1/4 sweet potato cut into small cubes
-10 brussel sprouts, quartered
-5 cremini mushrooms, quartered
-1/8 cup red onion, chopped
-1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
-1/4 tsp granulated garlic
-sea salt and black pepper to taste
1) Heat up the coconut oil in a large pan. Add in the sweet potato and brussel sprouts over medium high heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
2) Add in the red onion, red pepper flakes, garlic, sea salt, and pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
3) Add in the mushrooms and cook for another 3- 5 minutes until all veggies are softened.
4) Remove the veggies from the pan into a bowl, and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
5) Cook the egg as desired (I chose over easy), and top the veggie bowl.
Let me know what you think in the comments below, and feel free to subscribe!