I woke up this morning with a case of the Sundays. The weekend's coming to an end, and I want to savor every last second...and I want brunch. Nothing means weekend like brunch. My mind starts racing with eggs and potatoes and toast and everything delicious and brunch-y.
Potato hash covered with a runny egg - that sounds perfect. Unfortunately for me, I have no potatoes. But I do have fresh zucchini, some onions, and some shrimp that are begging to be used. And they all fit together perfectly to make this shrimp and egg zucchini hash.
Here's what you'll ned:
-1 large zucchini, cut into small cubes (about 1/2")
-1/4 cup red onion, chopped
-1 clove garlic, chopped and split in half
-6 shrimp, cooked
-2 tsp olive oil
-1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
-salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat up the olive oil in a pan, and add in half of the garlic. Let the garlic cook for a minute or two alone.
2) Add in the zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes.
3) Add in the red onion and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
4) Remove the mixture from the pan and put into a bowl
5) Add other half of the garlic to the pan (there should still be some oil in the pan). Let it heat for a minute or two on its own.
6) Add in the shrimp and red pepper flakes and let the shrimp heat up for about 2 minutes.
7) Remove the shrimp and add to the top of the zucchini mixture.
8) Add cooking spray to the pan and cook the egg for 1-2 minutes per side to get an over easy or over medium egg.
9) Top the hash and shrimp with the egg, add desired salt and pepper, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know what you think, and don't forget to sign up for e-mail updates on new posts below!