Earlier this week I made a delicious cucumber noodle with sesame shrimp dish for dinner by Small Green Kitchen (see her blog for the recipe). I went a little overboard on my shrimp shopping, so I decided to try something I have never tried before - shrimp with eggs. I recently tried salmon in my omelets/scrambles, and it was pretty life changing. So I figured why not shrimp?
With shrimp and eggs on the brain, I headed to my fridge to scope out the scene and come up with something delicious. I spotted some leftover green onions I had bought for my zucchini noodle pad thai recipe and asparagus because, well let's face it, I'm mildly in love with asparagus. The recipe quickly came together in my mind, and the rest is history.
Here's what you'll need:
-3 eggs (1 egg, 2 egg whites or whatever combination suits your fancy)
-6 medium sized cooked shrimp - if you have raw shrimp, heat them in a skillet over medium high heat for about 2 minutes per side until they are no longer translucent
-1 large green onion chopped
-6 pieces of asparagus chopped into small pieces
-2 tbsp shredded parmesan, split
-black pepper to taste
1) Heat up a pan over medium high heat (adding cooking spray or small amount of oil), add the asparagus, and cook for about 2 minutes.
2) Cut the shrimp into thirds and add to the pan along with the green onion. You just want to reheat the shrimp, so let the mixture cook for about 1-2 minutes.
3) Add in the egg mixture and continue cooking until the eggs are fully cooked through (about 3 minutes).
4) Add in 1 tbsp of the parmesan and cook for another minute.
5) Add black pepper as desired, remove from heat, and place in a bowl or on a plate.
6) Top the scramble with the second tbsp of parmesan and serve.
I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did. Let me know what you think, and feel free to subscribe to get updates on new posts below!