Do you ever wake up just craving peanut butter, or is that only me? Sometimes your soul just needs it. Well, that was definitely how I was feeling after this past weekend, and what better way to compliment that peanut butter than with some banana. It's really the perfect flavor combo - salty and sweet and just delicious.
I woke up Monday freezing cold. I slept with my window open and fan on, and I was seriously chilled to bone. I ran to my closet throwing on sweatpants and a sweatshirt, but I needed something to really warm me up. So peanut butter banana oats it was! And they did not disappoint one bit!
Here's What You'll Need:
-1 cup rolled oats
-2 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 heaping tbsp smooth, unsweetened peanut butter (ideally organic) and 2 additional tsp separated
-1 banana, sliced
-Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
-Chia seeds if desired
1) Mix together the oats and almond milk and heat in a pan over medium high heat until boiling.
2) Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium low and start mixing regularly. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
3) Add in the vanilla, maple syrup, sea salt, heaping tbsp of peanut butter, and majority of the banana slices. I saved about 10-12 slices to top the oats.
4) Cook until the oats look complete (about another 5-7 minutes), mixing regularly.
5) Remove the oats from the heat and split between two bowls.
6) Top each bowl with half of the remaining banana slices, 1 tsp of peanut butter, and chia seeds if desired.
I hope this not only warms you up on these cooler mornings but also hits the spot for that peanut butter craving! Let me know what you think in the comments below!