It's officially pumpkin season, and I couldn't be happier. Pumpkin is without a doubt one of my favorite flavors. It gets you in the mood for fall and Halloween, and it almost feels like it warms you up on those cool autumn mornings and nights.
I generally associate pumpkin with pie and coffee, but why not incorporate it into one of my favorite breakfasts, Greek yogurt pancakes. It's simple to make, and you will not be disappointed!
Here's what you'll need:
-5.3 oz of nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I use Wallaby Organic)
-1/4 cup of coconut flour
-1/4 cup of pumpkin
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp ginger
-1/8 tsp nutmeg
-a pinch of allspice
1) In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until smooth. Yes, it's really that simple.
2) Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out your pancake mix onto the pan, and arrange and smooth the batter into pancakes using a spoon.
3) Cover the pan, and let the batter cook for about 2-3 minutes (may vary by stove). You will know that it's ready to flip because you'll be able to flip it. If the batter on the side of the pancake sticks to your spatula, give it some more time before flipping.
4) Flip each pancake, and cook the other side for about 2-3 minutes.
5) Remove from heat, put your pancakes on a plate, and add any additional toppings as desired.
I added pumpkin seeds and maple syrup to mine, and I'd highly recommend the combination! I hope you enjoy this taste of autumn. Let me know what you think in the comments below, and feel free to subscribe for e-mail updates!